Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Okay, parenting this day and age is getting harder and harder. When we were kids our main worries were bullies, strangers in cars, and pimples. Today there was a threat written on the bathroom wall of my son's school. It happened too late in the day for parents to be sent a letter. Instead they posted a letter on their webpage and notified the media.

I realize that the threat is probably not a real threat but still. The big question is do you send your kid to school or not. On one hand, I realize that the threat was more than likely made to get the kids out of class. On the other hand, what if...

On the one hand, if I keep him home from school, it will count toward his class absences. On the other hand, how much learning will actually occur?

The notice said all the doors will be locked and there will be a strong police prescence. Do I really want to send my son into that enviroment?

My little girl is terrified something will happen to her brother. No matter what I say, I can't convince her that he will be safe. I am comtemplating keeping him home just to reassure her.

What happened to the good old days. Where you had to worry about your kids smoking, or skipping classses and that was about it. You never had to worry they will get themselves killed.

3 comments:

STAG said...

Yeah, they just arrested (like today!) the fifteen year old who has made, what, 18 prank calls about armed men in the school, resulting in 18 lock downs in the last two weeks.
(Right here in white bread Ottawa, Canada!)

They are now suggesting that they will not take any threat seriously unless the caller identifies themselves. Needless to say, this has resulted in quite a kerfluffel!

I'll go back to lurking now.

trish said...

Wow- kerfluffel is major serious, can you define kerfluffel for me? Seriously, I am sorry you have to worry that way. It is a different time in history. I fear that what our grandchildren will face will be 100x what our children face. What can we do?

Mackey said...

It is sad.
It is beyond sad.
It scares me.