Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Monday, August 20, 2007

The Mysteries of the mind

I have been dreaming about her again. My nights have not been restful. In my dreams, I am trying to contact her. I am trying to reach her. I sense she is trouble. I am trying to get to her but I never do. I wonder if subconscoiusly I know the anniversary of her death is nearing. I didn't dream of her when she died. But she haunts my dreams now.

It isn't like it was the first time someone close to me passed on. Maybe it is because she was my first friend to pass on that haunts me so much. She was so young. So full of life. She had so much to accomplish. She didn't get a chance to adopt her baby.

It frustrates me that I cannot fix this. I can't bring her back. Instead she haunts my dreams. If only I could actually contact her in my dream. Then maybe the dreams will stop. Maybe they will stop after the anniversary of her death passes. Of course then it would have been her birthday. Two events so close together. I feel like I am losing my mind. Maybe she is trying to tell me something. Something I can't quite grasp. Who knows. Maybe she is telling me that I will be joining her soon. I wish I knew.

Shakespeare said.. " to sleep, perchance to dream" For in that sleep of death what dreams may come, /When we have shuffled off this mortal coil, /Must give us pause.

Maybe Shakespeare really understood. I wish I did.

3 comments:

trish said...

I used to think of death a lot. I used to think there were ways to contact. But then I thought, if it was an easy task there would not be any separation between life and death. It is as though the dead must have a curtain to separate. I think it is too much to comprehend on this side of the curtain. I am sorry for your loss of a friend. I read an Indian proverb once, it basically said tht the essence of the love you have is evident in all living things. The beauty of what you saw in your friend is present if you would allow yourself to see. I pray you have peace, beautiful sweet peace, as you dream, awake or asleep

JQ75 said...

Huge hugs GG... I pray that you and your deceased friend can find peace. Try to reflect on the good times you had with your friend. Relax and be calm before you go to sleep.

Take care GG, wishing you the sweetest dreams and a restful night.

guttergirl said...

Thank you both. I am hoping once the anniversary is passed, I will sleep better again.