Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Monday, September 10, 2007

SIGH

I get so tired of this. I am sure you are tired of reading it too but here is another bitch.

I have been treasurer of the school Parent Council for two years now. I thought I was done. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. The Auditor wanted the books in June. We had lots of cheques we had to send out in June and it was a pain to get the books into her in June but we did it. She had the books all summer. She only started looking at them last week. So what the hell was the rush to get them in? Now this woman is making my life hell. She is nitpicking things and it is starting to piss me off. She forgets I am not an accountant. I don't have training. I don't get paid. I am a stupid volunteer. I did the best job I could. To call me up and give me hell because I didn't attach the reciepts the way you liked or I did it in pencil (cuz I make alot of mistakes. Remember, I am not an accountant), or I didn't give out reciepts to all the children who purchased penny candy from the canteen is getting a little overboard. Give me a break! If you want it done professionally, HIRE AN ACCOUNTANT! Then she wanted to know why I didn't include the June bank statement. Let's see. It could be because the statements are sent to the school and the school is closed in July and August. Then when I went to pick it up, the school had let a past president of the council take it. Never mind this person hasn't had a child in the school for two years and has no business taking it. Now I am on the hook for it. Plus she wanted to know why I didn't do a financial statement for June. Hello! You had my books. How was I supposed to do it? This woman is going to drive me to drink! More!

Then I have this parent I used to babysit for. In June she backed out on me for the summer with no notice. I should have charged her for it but I didn't. Then she called me and left me a message the week before school started telling me her sister in law VOLUNTEERED to take her boys so she wouldn't need me. Fine. But give me some notice. This did not just occur one morning. Today I got a call from a friend of mine. She wanted to know how much I would charge to take two kids before and after school and what I would charge for the full day. I told her my rates. They are the same for all my kids. Then she proceeded to tell me she was talking to the sister in law of this woman, and my friend was told that the mother pulled her kids from me because I was overcharging her. She said I was charging $50 per day for before and after school. Are you kidding me? I don't even charge half of that! I am so angry I could blow any second! This is the rumour now. Do you really think I will get any more kids if people think I charge that much? I am so angry at this woman. How could she tell such awful lies? What the hell did I ever do to her?

Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the restraints. I am going to unplug the phone and go back to bed for a week!

Hope your week started out better!

2 comments:

trish said...

OCD people make me a little nutso too. Kinda makes you want to issue a disclaimer that gets notarized before ever VOLUNTEERING AGAIN!
NEXT -What a drag I seriously dislike lies, especially about me or people I like. I would like to say maybe you should send her some anonymous pictures of friday postings. But that would just be seventh gradish. So instead I guess all you can do is realize that you are an honest person and that good will come to you.

ALRO said...

That DOES suck!

Did you tell her to "take this job that you don't get paid for, and shove it"?