Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Monday, November 05, 2007

Okay gang, Cross your fingers... the boy is going for his brain scan in the morning. I hope he has one.. hee hee

Right now, I am waiting to hear from the hospital. My daughter got hit in the head by a door (I guess it wasn't big enough for her to see). She has a huge bump on her head, she is dizzy, feeling ill, and is a little more out of it than usual. I really hope they don't keep her overnight. However, it would make things easier for me. Spend the night at one hospital and take the tunnels to the other hospital for the boy's brain scan. Convient brain shopping all in one place. Woo Hoo! I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

JQ75 said...

Oh, GG, sorry to hear your kids are in so much trouble. Your dauhghter sounds like a concussion, but it is advisable for the doctor to assess the seriousness and decide on the action.

I assume your son's brain scan is in an MRI. Some people find these claustrophobic and frightening because of the loud clanking sound they can make. Sometimes it sounds like the thing is going to cave in on you.

But the important thing for him to understand is that's normal, its a small space, but he'll be out in a little while and its noisy but its not going to fall apart. It's helpful if he can just close his eyes and just think of something else, count clanks, think about a vacation, just realize the whole time that there's nothing to worry about.

Some times an IV dye agent is used. If so, putting in the IV will be the only part that will hurt. It's important not to pull or disrupt the IV, otherwise they have to start over.

Hope they both come through it OK...

Mackey said...

Aye carumba! Make sure you have lots of Timmies to get you through.