Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Friday, February 09, 2007

Remberance

I am going to forgo the usual FU Friday post for something more important today.

This week our city is in mourning. We tragically lost two of our brave firefighters and have two more still in the hospital. This post is dedicated to the memory of Captain Harold Lessard and Captain Thomas Nichols. May they rest in peace.

A FIREFIGHTER'S PRAYER - AUTHOR UNKNOWN

When I am called to duty God.

Whenever flames may rage.

Give me the strength to save some life.

Whatever be its age.

Help me embrace a little child.

Before it is too late.

Or to save an older person from the horror of that fate.

Enable me to be alert,

And hear the weakest shout

And quickly and effieciently, to put the fire out.

I want to fill my calling and to give the best in me.

To guard my every neighbour and protect his property.

And if according to your will,

It is time to end my life,

Please bless with Your protecting hand my friends, my children and my wife.

Please take a few minutes to visit the City of Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service website and leave a message on their book of condolence. Please also consider making a contribution to your local Firefighter's Burn Fund in their memory.

4 comments:

MG said...

:(

very thoughtful.

The Idiot Speaketh said...

Great Post! We have a Firefighter/Paramedic in the family and I have nothing but the utmost admiration and respect for those men and women. They are often forgotten behind soldiers and Police but end up putting their lives on the line far more often.

honkeie said...

I always give much respect and admiration to these men and women. But why is it that the ppl that are willing to die for a stranger still do not get the support they need, while a useless polotician makes more money than celeberties?

Hoochie Mama said...

It always gives me chills when I hear about a firefighter passing away in the line of duty. I know they have their brotherhood, but the wives all feel that family bond too.