Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Monday, May 07, 2007

RETURN OF JETS PART??????

It is election time here in Manitoba. In my opinion so far, it has been a quiet campaign. Judging by the election propaganda I have recieved, not even the candidates are interested in it. The election is now two weeks away. So far I have recieved flyers from two candidates and visits from no one.

Today the Conservatives dropped a bombshell. If elected they will bring back the Winnipeg Jets. The Jets leaving Winnipeg is still an open sore here. We try to move on then something drags us back again. First it was the "Save the Jets" campaign, then the demolition of the old arena. While I would love to see the Jets back, I don't see it realistically happening. It was an interesting political move though. Especially when Hugh McFadden brought Thomas Steen (a former Jet and fan favorite) to his announcement. I am interested to see how this plays out. I will keep you updated. If you want, you can read the http://winnipegsun.com/News/ProvElection/2007/05/07/4160682.htmla>article

2 comments:

hockeyman said...

no kidding... I fully support bringing the jets back...

in fact I went to a NY Rangers Buffalo Sabres playoff game in buffalo a couple of weeks ago and there was a guy with a winnipeg jets jersey and I yelled at himm... Bring back the Jets!!!!!!!!! and he showed me that it was a Teppo numminum Jets jersey...

its a longshot...but come on.. its got to be better than the coyotes's

ALRO said...

well.. that would be cool.. but how can the Gov't guarrantee that they'll find an owner to buy a team??

As it is now - here in ottawa, Eugene Melnik gets no tax breaks... he taxed out the ass.. with little to not help from the current Conservative gov't... if the Provincial candidate in Winnipeg guaranttees breaks for The Peg.. they HAVE to do it for all the other Canadian markets or it's just not fair.

In the USA, Hockey Owners are offered tax breaks.. in Canada... fergit it!

But it would be awesome to see another canadian team..