Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Melisa Etherage wrote a song for the event asking where had the American spirit gone, the spirit that questions injustice, that exercises its freedom, have they become too busy to care?

I stole this line from JQ. Sorry JQ. I stole it because this line really speaks to me. Maybe not in the way it ws originally intended but still....

Sometimes I wonder where my spirit went too. I remember when I was idealistic and was going to change the world. When did that change? When did I become jaded? When did I stop caring about the world around me? Maybe it is because I have just gotten older. I have children and responsibilities. Or maybe that is just a cop out. I always read the post of my pals PropagandhiI grew up with two of the members. We are the same age (give or take a few months), They went to university, got an education and still kept their spirit. They care about the world around them. When they see injustice, they fight for it. I shake my head and tsk tsk isn't that too bad, and move on. When did I become what I used to hate? What happened to my spirit?

No comments: