Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

ALLOW ME A MINUTE HERE PLEASE

I don't normally get too political here but a few things have happened recently that I feel I need to rant about. If you aren't interested in my political opinion, then I suggest you might want to skip today's rant. That being said, here goes.

Canadian Sentinel brought my attention to this little gem. Maybe I am naive but I thought the purpose of the UN was to promote peace between nations. I thought they were to remain neutral kind of like the courts. I guess I was wrong. The UN has been posting information about the Israeli troops and their positions and strategic information for the world to see. How can they do that in good concience? It makes my blood boil. If they did that about American troops,for example, there would not be a safe place for them to hide. Do they feel that since it is Israel it is okay? Where is the outcry? If you want, you can read the whole article here

My next little rant involves a local newspaper reporter. I won't mention his name because I refuse to give him any publicity whatsoever. We have always been on opposite sides of an issue. For example, he has a very big hatred of our local police force. I on the other hand have had nothing but good experiences with our police force. They have always been good to me and I support them wholeheartedly. This little rant involves "Wear Red Fridays". You all know how I feel about that. I support it. I feel that while the troops may not see the public wearing red, their families do and perhaps it will bring them some comfort to know that we understand the sacrifices made by both the soldiers and their families. This reporter has taken Red Fridays and turned it into something else. He is trying to tell people that by participating in Red Friday, putting a yellow ribbon on your car, or putting yellow ribbons on the lightposts, you are not supporting the troops. What it means is that you support the war. He once again misses the point. These men and women have seen things that you and I hope we never have to see or experience. Whether you support war or not, the point is to show these people that we understand them and their sacrifices and we thank them for it. To try and turn it into something it isn't makes me crazy. I am a stubbon person by nature. This reporters little campaign will not work on me. I am more determined than ever to wear red on fridays. I hope you do too.

Thus concludes my rant for the day. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Canadian Sentinel said...

The reporter is clearly a leftoideological imbecile.

A moonbat.

Thanks for the link, btw.

Monty said...

Unless I misunderstood the argument, and i am a hapless newcomer here, I understood the logical argument to be that there is a clear separation of supporting the troops regardless of political position taken on the war.

Soldiers follow the orders of the political leadership, and have no choice in the matter. The political leadership rarely goes into harm's way.

Red tie OK with you?