Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Monday, July 03, 2006

CATCHING UP

I have really busy lately. The School Division in its infinite wisdom decided it would be a good idea to close my old high

school and amalgamate the two high schools, move the elementary school kids to my old high school and close one elementary school. This little plan made sense to someone, somewhere. (or so I am told). Anyway, since the high school will cease to exist come September, a Farewell Reunion was planned. I packed up my family and went to visit my hometown. I admit I was a little nervous about seeing people I hadn't seen in almost 18 years. Let's face it, I am no covergirl. Turns out I had a fantastic time! There was a Social on the Friday night. Apparently a Social is a Manitoba thing. For the initiated, I will explain. Basically a social is a huge adult party. There is music, dancing, and food. I saw so many people I hadn't seen in ages. A lot of people I recognized right away, some I needed others to remind me who they were. It was a great time and the band (Horseshoes and Handgrenades) were fantastic! I didn't have a lot of time to visit with everyone, so I thought I would catch up with them at the dinner and dance the next night. Wouldn't you know it, most of them weren't there the next night. The dinner and dance was also a huge success. There were over 1000 people there. Considering my hometown only has a population of about 13,000 it was a huge event. They had a photographer taking pictures of each graduating class there. Too bad there was only 14 people from my graduating class there. However, I got to catch up with most of them. Like an idiot though, I forgot to bring my camera.

Once I get pictures, I will post them. I am really glad I went and didn't let my insecurities

prevent me from enjoying something that may never happen again. I did make a fool out of myself a couple times though. The first happened when a friend brought this guy over to our table. She was going around telling him "you remember so and so" . I had NO idea who this guy was. Finally I got another friend to lean over and say to her " who is this?" It was a guy I had known since the fifth grade. I felt so silly. However in a side note he was way too good to speak to me in high school. I guess I am better now. The other goof I made was even bigger. I was talking to a friend of mine. Then he introduced me to his wife. I shook her hand and told her it was nice to meet her. She started to laugh and say "actually you already know me. I am Sherri's little sister" (Sherri was one of my best friends in junior high). I felt really stupid then. Oh well, I guess some things never change.

All in all, it was a good time. I am really glad I went and I hope I get to hear from some of the

people I reconnected with. That has been my life in a nutshell. HAPPY CANADA DAY AND HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

No comments: