Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

TURKEY TIME AGAIN.

As I sit here recovering from three days of turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie, I thought I would check in with blogland. I hope all my Canadian friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving. To my American friends I say," you missed alot of good food".

Thanksgiving wasn't all that bad. Dinner with the inlaws was actually bearable. Until my sister in law showed up. I thought it was going too well. If we had just escaped right after dinner like I wanted to, I could have actually said it was a good day. Damn. My sister in law is lacking in her basic social skills. So are the rest of my in laws, but most days the rest of them can pretend they are allowed to play nicely in society. The sister in law is another story. There is no hope for her.It doesn't matter what the situation is, she can manage to either mortify or piss off everyone in a twelve mile radius. Thanksgiving was no exception.

In the summer, my in laws had their 45th wedding anniversary. They treated us to a weekend at a hotel and dinner theatre. It was very generous of them. They requested no gifts. We bought them a sterling silver photo album from our kids anyway. They didn't seem too thrilled with it but my concience was clear. I made the effort. About two weeks later my SIL phones and announces that she has bought her parents a week at a resort they like and we owe her $240.00 for our share. WTF!?!?! We were never consulted on this, I had already bought a gift and we were in the process of sending three kids back to school. That is way out of our budget. I left it with my husband to deal with. Big mistake. On Thanksgiving my SIL hasn't said hello to me yet. She just walks up and says " where is my money." Hello to you to. Now I am pissed. One; the husband should have to deal with this not me. Two; it would have been nice to have her at least say hello first.

I will give her credit though. She is smart enough to do these things when no one else is in the room. I didn't really answer her. I was too surprised. Anyway, I do not have the money this week. So, ( now here is where I do not look good) I borrowed the money from my parents and dropped it in her mailbox. I know she was home, but I was still so mad at her and my husband I didn't have anything nice to say to her. I should have taken the high road and given her the money with grace and dignity, but I didn't. This little incident did end up with the husband and I getting into yet another arguement. I stand by my advice. "Marry an orphaned only child. It is your only hope". I wish I had followed my own advice.

I have yet to tell you what my daughter said to me that night. She said to me " Why doesn't Grandma love me? Rebecca is her favorite. She always invites her to their house and they take her camping. They never ask my sister and me." Oh shit. What am I supposed to say to that? She is right about all of it. My daughter is many things but stupid is not one of them. I did the usual, of course she loves you bullshit. Any ideas how I can handle this one? When I tell my husband what she said his response was to gunt oh. Thanks for your support.

I am glad Thanksgiving only comes once a year.

On the positive side, I did get to go to the Trailer Park Boys movie. I was wonderful. If you are a fan of the tv show, you will like the movie. I won't spoil it for you. I will just say that Ricky sets a new record by getting sent to jail not once but twice. We got to the theatre 35 minutes early. Good thing we did. The theatre was packed. I didnt' realize how many TPB fans there are. The funny thing was, when you stood in line for your popcorn, you could pick out who was there for the TPB. Let's hear it for white trash.

I know it sounds like I am ungrateful for the things I have but I am not I am thankful for

  • My children
  • My health. ( other than my knee and frequent bouts of depression and anxiety, I am healthy)
  • My home
  • My parents
  • Food to eat
  • Bed to sleep in
  • My friends ( both in blogland and my reality)
  • My sense of humor
  • I live in a safe country

There are many more things I am grateful for but neither of us has time for all of them. I hope you all find something in your lives to be thankful for. At the risk of offending people'; God bless you all.

Gee was I channeling Tiny Tim?

****** UPDATE*******

The Weather Channel has just announced there is a winter storm warning for Northern Manitoba. Where I live there is a chance of 10 - 15 cm of SNOW TODAY!! I am still doing shorts and tank tops in the laundry. Now I have to go and find hats, mitts and boots. I am not ready for this yet.

3 comments:

Mackey said...

Oh the fun of living in "Winterpeg":)
It was chilly here today...it tried hard to snow. I am soooo not ready for winter.
BTW....you should have told your SIL to go piss up a rope. It sounds like she used bully tactics to get the $$ out of you. If you were never consulted in the first place then how in the hell does she figure you owe them anything?!

Leigh said...

Where would we be without family to drive us crazy. What winter storm already, man I am so not ready for winter.

Hope you are hanging in there.

Sean Carter said...

We all ae thnkful for so many things....and i think Thanksgiving is at the top of my list!!! And I am so very thankful for turkey!!!! Well for more such amazing stuffs on Thanksgiving check out this amazing Thanksgiving Blog for a lot of fun. Enjoy!!!!