Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Monday, June 19, 2006

Nutty as a Fruitcake... That's me!

Hola everyone. Hope you all had a relaxing weekend. Happy Father's Day to all. Things here were their usual craziness. Rushing from one thing to the next. Not a lot of funny things to tell. I do have a whine today. Yesterday, my in-laws phoned. They announced they were coming over. It was 8pm already. I was in my pj's. I was not impressed. Then they called back and said they weren't coming today, but they would come to my daughter's baseball game tonight. They NEVER come to any of her activities. It made me wonder what was up. Then they say they have an envelope for my husband. Forgive me for being cynical, but somehow, that does not sound good to me. When they are involved, it is usual something to upset me. This is not what bothers me the most though. Here is the problem. I don't want them to know that I am back in school. I will miss the baseball game because I am in school tonight. My husband has told me he is going to tell them where I am. I really don't want them to know and he knows it. Both of my sister in laws are back in school. I will constantly hear about how they are doing so well. They are on the honor roll, they are succeeding... blah, blah, blah. They will also start comparing me to them. Why aren't you on the honor roll. Why can't you work, raise a family, and go to school? My daughter does it. You get the picture. I don't need the added stress. I know I am doing this for me and I shouldn't care what people say or think, but it is not in my nature to let these things go. My MIL always compares. Before we bought our house, I was always hearing how HER daughter had a house. She didn't have to live in an apartment. When I got my tattoo, I got a huge lecture about how it was such a horrible thing. I was subjected to a 20 minute lecture. Just so you know, both their daughters have tattoos. They never got the lecture. I can feel my anxiety level increasing at an alarming rate. I know I am being a suck here. Thanks for letting me rant. Now I get to tell you about my wonderful parenting. ( that was sarcastic) On Thursday, I went to my son's baseball game. I had a meeting so I missed most of it. I got there for the last inning. It looked like a pretty good game. I guess the umpire left something to be desired, but I didn't see anything too bad. Anyway, my son had a great hit. It was a double. The next boy at bat hit a home run. The play was not at home plate, but the catcher was purposely standing in the way. My son tried to run around him, but he kept moving to stay in his way. Finally, my son ran past him and bumped into him. It was innocent and neither boy was hurt. The catcher took exception to this and hit my son. The player who ran home after my son told the catcher to cool it. Then the catcher took another swing at my son. I could tell my son was trying to hold his temper. Usually, he is mild mannered, but if you make him mad, look out. In the 5th grade, he threw his best friend over the drum set in music class. Finally, the ump saw this and tossed the catcher out of the game. The catcher spent the rest of the game in the bleachers glaring at my son. This catcher and two of his friends hung around after the game. They were just waiting to corner my son. Here is where the bad parenting comes in. I am ready to get right in the middle of it. I am not scared of some punk. You do not try and hurt my boy or you have to deal with me. A parent in the stand yelled at the opposing coach to watch his player. His response was "Watch your own". Eventually, they gave up and went home. I was glad to see the team act like a team. They all stayed close to each other to prevent any of them from being hurt. We play this team again on Thursday. I try not to be a sport parent from hell, but sometimes I can't help it. We will see what happens.

No comments: