Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Friday, June 02, 2006

I'M NOT CRAZY.. STOP LAUGHING.. REALLY I'M NOT

Ha Ha. Made you think about that didn't I. It is that time of year here in the Peg. The invasion of the the creepy crawly insects. It is the time of year, when a simple walk down the street is an exercise in evasive maneuvers. It is the time of year when you walk down the street frantically waving your arms above your head and no one looks at you strangely. Yes, it is the attack of the canker worms. If you have never experienced this type of invasion, let me enlighten you. These little worms dangle from the trees on their invisible webs. You don't see them until it is too late. They crawl everywhere. In your hair, on your legs, on your back. They survive by eating the leaves off the trees. If you stand outside, you can actually hear them eating. At the risk of offending animal rights activists, I will say, THEY SERVE NO USEFUL PURPOSE OTHER THAN TO ANNOY US! So here I sit unshaded by trees, (assuming it has finally stopped raining), listening to them eat, and waiting for the next suicide attacker. It makes you look forward to the invasion of mosquitoes and the mosquito fogging protesters. Ahh summertime in the Peg.

4 comments:

Leigh said...

See you should move out west, we have no bugs, snakes, or anything that makes noise while eating. Just a lot of rain. I'll be waiting for you.

Meeko's Momma said...

I had NEVER heard of such a thing before!?! Makes me glad I live in Missouri! I thought that "June bugs" were bad!

On another note, sorry I haven't been checking in like I should. I really hope you are doing okay and I will try to do better!

I am back at work now!!! :)
Thanks for coming by my blog!
Sending hugs and wishes for no worms!

The Idiot Speaketh said...

I hope that don't put that in the travel guides promoting Winnipeg....

How long until the little buggers leave or die?

Wanna borrow some tree snakes? Bet they would eat em!

Meeko's Momma said...

hey woman -- just coming by your blog to check on you again -- hope to see another post soon -- but most of all I just hope that you are doing alright. Take care.