Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas is coming.... Ready or not

WOW, only 5 more days til Christmas. The pressure is on now.

This week was the school Christmas Concert. You have to love it. The concert this year was a multicultural celebration... or something like that. A comedy of errors is more like it. First of all there are 300 white kids trying to act like they have some sense of rythmn. Face it, they don't! One part of the concert had the kids banging drums to a Kwanzaa song. It would have been really good if they had ANY musical talent. Unfortunetly, one drummer finnished before the singers did, the other three were playing their own songs I think. Then there were the two kids who were trying to keep the beat and almost fell off the stage. For one part of it, they were supposed to sway to the music. Do you remember those desk games people used to have? The game with the silver balls that would knock into each other? That is what these kids looked liked. They were each going opposite directions. It was hilarious! The children were all very proud of themselves. You have to give the wonderful music teacher credit. She did her best with musically challenged white kids. All in all it was a nice evening and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

With the good always comes the bad. My sweet little girl had an accident at school yesterday. We finally got the bully thing worked out and she goes and hurts herself. I was up to my ears in xmas baking when I got the call. "You had better come to the school right away. We think your daughter has broken her arm.". Wonderful. Off we went. Three cheers for our wonderful medical system. When we arrived at the hospital, we waited for a half an hour before we even spoke to anyone. That was just to get her name on the list. Upon talking to the lady next to us, we knew we were in trouble. Her husband had come into the hospital at 2 am. He was only getting xrays then (15 hours later). The nurse at the desk, suggested we go somewhere else. Then the dilema starts. I didn't want to take her to the Children's hospital. In the paper that morning was a story of how a woman was robbed inside the hospital attached to the children's hospital at knifepoint.( What a great society we live in. I am bleeding profusely from a vital organ but sure take my wallet.) I was considering taking my daughter to the city my parents live in. It is a smaller city about an hour away. Fortunetly, by now, my girl was able to move her elbow more. So we guessed it wasn't broken. Instead, we ended up at a walk in clinic. We only waited for an hour. Not bad. The good news is that her elbow is not broken just a bad sprain. Hooray! No cast for Christmas!

That has been our life in a nutshell. Whew!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad her arm is ok! Glad to know you got the little jerk at her school all lined out. :)

ALRO said...

Indeed... Knives seem to be the way to go these day... and dipwads are getting bolder and bolder with 'em too.

Glad your daughter is ok... that'd suck...

honkeie said...

Glad it wasnt broken...and what is a Kwanzaa song? I dont know any, hell I am not all that sure what Kwanzaa is.

guttergirl said...

Melissa and Alro

Thanks for the thoughts

Honkie,
Kwanzaa is an African celebration (I think). Basically the songs are very heavy on the drums. If performed properly, they are pretty good