Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday Morning

Another busy weekend has past bringing us closer and closer to Christmas. My mind is on Christmas alot lately. This weekend was filled with Christmas activities. I finnished setting up my tree. It is fake. I know that will disgust some people but that is the way it is. Frankly, the smell of Christmas trees and cat urine are the same to me. I now have a tree that is prelit. Thank God! I hate putting the lights on the tree. I have three strands of lights. When tested individually, they work. When tested together they work. Place them on the tree, they stop working. This is the point where I start kicking the tree across the room and my family disappears. This year, the tree took no time at all to put up. I love those prelit trees. One less aggravation! The person who created them is a hero to me.

The husband's Christmas party was Saturday night. It wasn't as bad as I expected. The two couples I know the best, were not going so I was a little worried how I was going to make small talk with people I don't know and don't care about for three to four hours. Turns out, we sat at a table with three great couples. Two are grandparents and the other couple is younger than me and dating. Really nice people.

Sunday my daughter's school choir was performing in the division " Annual Candle Light Christmas Choir Concert" Try saying that three times fast. I don't understand why they call it candle light. There wasn't a candle in the building. The senior choir was fantastic. They had a male and female soloist. wow! I always admire people who can sing. In my family, they consider it my gift if I DON'T sing Happy Birthday to them. I guess we are lucky here. It is still called a Christmas Choir concert. They sang traditional Christmas carols.My daughters have a Christmas concert and the school puts up a Christmas tree and Christmas decorations. My son's school is a little more ethnically diverse. They don't call the band concert a Christmas band concert, but the spirit is still there. There are many choruses of Merry Christmas heard too. My son's school does a good job of incorporating all traditions in both the concert and their daily school activities.

The holiday visiting has begun. Now I really have to get off my butt and do a good cleaning in my house. I guess I should get off here and start. Have a good week all!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What I want to know is: exactly how do you find time to clean with twins plus one (plus two if you count hubby)? My son refuses to let me out of his sight without a fit! I frequently put myself in the playpen just to get a moment to myself! Good luck girl! And...
GOD BLESS CANADA!!!!

guttergirl said...

melissa,

It isn't cleaning it is more like damage control. Lol

As for getting a break, I find alcohol works.

honkeie said...

I have a xmass umbrella. Open the box, open it up...instant xmass tree! No mess no water and one less decapitaed tree on the road side come new years morning.