Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Innards Are Scary

Yuck! I just cleaned out my fridge. It was disgusting to say the least. I found FIVE half full bottles of barbecue sauce. I also found most of my missing tupperwear. I think I will have a short memorial service for them. It was easier to just throw them out then try to salvage them. Apparently, green is not a happy color for leftovers. Who knew. This little exercise made me think of a story I read a long time ago. I think it was in Reader's Digest. For some reason it always stuck in my mind. Here it goes, as best as I can remember. A business man had been on the road for a very long time. He was getting bored with restaurant food. One day, he started thinking about his favorite meal. He hadn't seen it on any menu he could remember. That night he went to an exclusive and very expensive restaurant. He checked the menu and sure enough, his favorite meal wasn't there. He motioned to the waiter and made a request. The waiter thought about it for a moment then said he would have to check with the chef. The waiter returned shortly. He informed the businessman that while the requested item wasn't on the menu, the chef would prepare it for him. The businessman was quite pleased. When his meal was prepared, the chef brought the meal to him personally. The businessman was surprised at this special treatment. The chef said to the man, "In all my years as a chef, this is the first time I have had this request. I had to deliver it to you myself. I wanted to meet the man who ordered a peanut butter sandwich" If only all things in life were this uncomplicated. If they were, I wouldn't find FIVE opened bottles of barbecue sauce in my fridge.

No comments: