Gimmie Some Love

I KNEW I WAS A BAD INFLUENCE

Dating

100% Free Personals from JustSayHi

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mondays Officially Blow...

Yes, I know it is Tuesday, but Monday was such a lousy day, I didn't have time to rant. Home ownership is not all it is cracked up to be. Yes I love that I live in an older neighborhood and not a cookie cutter suburban development. However, older homes are a challenge. When we bought the house, I had a fit about the electrical wiring. They had bare wires running through metal studs. Now I am not an electrician by any stretch of the imagination. I know that you flip the switch and in theory, the light should come on. That is the extent of my knowledge. However, even I knew that the bare wire thing was a disaster waiting to happen. Yesterday's little challenge involved plumbing. The plumbing in this house is also eccentric to say the least. The one time we had a plumber out, he left shaking his head at the way the plumbing had been hooked up. Yesterday the sink backed up. It happens a fair amount. In my quest to be more independent, I decided I was going to fix it myself. (the laughter may start now) For four hours I worked on it. I tried plunging, Draino, the snake. I even resorted to removing the pipes underneath the sink. No luck. After four hours, I conceded defeat. The sink won. I had to call my Dad to come save me. My parents live an hour away. He drove in and looked at what I had done. God bless him. He said I did all the right things. I just forgot to look at the pipe in the basement that sometimes plugs up. Sure enough, that was where the trouble was. It took him a total of 20 minutes to fix it. So much for my career as a plumber. I had class last night. I rushed to get there. Guess what, the instructor didn't show up. No messages were left for any of us. His phone went to voice mail. We didn't know what happened to him. Still don't. Since the class is called Professionalism and Ethical Practices, we sort of thought he would let us know if he wasn't going to be there. I will admit, I am a little concerned about his well being. I will hope he is okay. Since I didn't have school, I ended up at the daughter's baseball game. I was there a total of 5 minutes before the coach came off the field and said to me," We need you on the bench. We need some order there. Will you do it please?" Gee, me restore order to a group of eight year olds. HMMmmm does that mean I am a loud bitch who can scare them into behaving? I had one mom laughing at me because I told one kid to pick up the bat he threw and throw his attitude instead. (It made sense to me) There is one boy on the team that just tries my patience. I am not sure who I want to strangle more, him or his mom. The mom is supposed to be an assistant coach. She is not very useful. She chatted on the phone for 30 minutes. She had the batting order. I finally just ripped it right out of her arms. We needed it and both teams were waiting for her to get off the phone. Once I got the batting order straightened out, I had to go find her son. He was supposed to be on first base. Now both teams are waiting for this kid. I find him over by the creek playing. I drag him back to the diamond. He then runs over to his mom (who is still on the phone) I grabbed him again and gently moved his behind over to the base. The whole game went this way. Not once did the mom say anything to her kid. She did at one point tell the other boys that she would like to coach a girl's team because the boys say such rude things. Hello!!!????? Pay attention to your kid. Why do parents sign up their kids to play sports they obviously have no interest in playing?Better yet, Why do they agree to coach when they do jack shit?!? Since there was no homicide, I think I deserve a medal for this one. Self control is a wonderful thing. Thank god Monday only comes once a week FYI: ONLY 10 DAYS TIL INXS!

5 comments:

Shari said...

Ohhhh, I would be a little pissed if I drove all the way to class and the teacher wasnt there....but hopefully he is ok.

You are so cute trying to fix your sink. You are a braver woman than me. Sounds like you kinda knew what to do, so good for you!! Luckily your dad was able to fix it. Plumbers are so expensive!

The Idiot Speaketh said...

If your teacher was not bound and gagged and lying on his floor while burglars ransacked his house....then ya'll should really let him have it! Some things are the same no matter what country you live in...our little league down here is the same way as far as some of the parents are concerned.

Leigh said...

My multi talented friend. Hang in there. Don't forget to breath!

Meeko's Momma said...

Hope your teacher is okay and that that woman who was supposed to be helpeing in the game on the bench loses her cell phone! Sorry I haven't been to your site for a bit but I plan to read back and catch up. Hope you have a good day and are doing alright, take care hun!

guttergirl said...

Thanks for the encouraging words gang.